[pmwiki-users] [O-T] Re: Blog proposal

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Dec 15 12:06:53 CST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> * Posting a blog entry is as simple as adding (:blog:) to the markup
>   of any page.  When a page containing (:blog:) is saved, that page
>   is automatically added to the blog trail page if it's not already
>   listed.  (The author must have write permissions to the blog trail
>   page.)
>
> * An author can use (:blog OtherBlogTrail:) to post the current page
>   to blog trails other than the default.

I wonder if it might not be a good idea to let authors easily add the
current page a trail page in general? I've structured the wiki.lyx.org so
that I've got pages called 'PageList' in each group, so that there is a
documenation trail for people to follow.

One problem is that it's not so easy for infrequent authors to know about
this when creating a new page... so something like this might help. OTOH,
how would they know about writing the equivalent of (:blog ...:).

So what if we could have a field in the edit page (perhaps only when
creating the page the first time), which let's the author either fill in
the name of the trail page, or simply check a box to have it added to the
default trail page? (The name of that trail page would need to be shown).

Perhaps the question could be phrased as follows:

	You are creating a new page. Would you like to add this page to
	the default [[wiki trail]] in this group, i.e. [[page list]]?
	See [[about trails]] for more details.

Just a thought.

/Christian