[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal
Patrick R. Michaud
pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 15 08:46:44 CST 2005
Okay, here's my current thinking on adding blog support to PmWiki.
Feel free to make any suggestions or improvements (especially for
page names, markup, or syntax).
* Blogging support will be turned off by default, but enabled
by either $EnableBlogging=1; or include_once('scripts/blog.php');
* A blog is simply a WikiTrail, along with some special markups
to post, organize, and display blog entries.
* Each group can have a default blog trail page; PmWiki's default
setting is "Group.BlogTrail". (Other candidates: Group.Blog,
Group.BlogList, Group.BlogIndex, Group.ArticleList, others?)
The WikiAdministrator can set $BlogTrailFmt to be some other
default (e.g., a site-wide index, or blog trails organized by
month or year).
* Posting a blog entry is as simple as adding (:blog:) to the markup
of any page. When a page containing (:blog:) is saved, that page
is automatically added to the blog trail page if it's not already
listed. (The author must have write permissions to the blog trail
* An author can use (:blog OtherBlogTrail:) to post the current page
to blog trails other than the default.
* When displayed, a page containing a (:blog:) directive
automatically receives a blog header and footer, defined
either within the blog trail page or by Site.BlogTemplate.
* A special-purpose (:bloglist:) directive can be used to display
blog entries in a variety of formats. It's actually the same
as (:pagelist:) but has some default settings useful for blogs.
* We may have a special ?action=newblog that can be used to
automatically drop an author into an editor with the pagename
constructed from the current date, a serial number, or a
combination of the two (configurable).
More information about the pmwiki-users