[pmwiki-users] PHP loading faster?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 14 14:48:11 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 12:42:19PM -0800, Rene Visco wrote:
> Main page is more slower than other pages, but noticeably, slower.
> Other pages are not that bad.  But, there's no "snap" in loading the
> pages if you understand my expression.
>
> I used a lot of tables formatting in main page..see the attachment.
>
> Here's my recipes:
> [...]

Wow, that's a lot of recipes.  Any of those could be slowing things down
in markup rendering, or even just initializing PHP.  Have you tried the
page without the recipes just to see if things are noticeably faster?
Or perhaps disable a few at a time and see if there's a noticeable
change?

Also, does the page have lots of "\\" markups at the ends of lines?
That *really* slows down processing a lot for some reason.