[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog 1.1 released

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:16:52 CST 2005

On 12/14/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> I totally agree that (:pagelist:) is the way to go for KOB if
> at all possible.

All right, well I hate to reinvent the wheel.  I looked at the
PagelistExplained recipe.  At first glance, I don't really "get it."

It seems the flexibility is in the $FPLByGroup* variables.  Is see
that there is an array of page components (?) name $FPLByGroupOpt,
which allows you to select on things like 'title'.

I also see that the BlogWithPageList recipe overrides (?) the
FPLInclude() function.  However, it too uses an $opt array.

What are these option arrays?  Where do they come from and how to I
"register" components within them?  If I understand things correctly,
I want to somehow tell PmWiki that the blogentry title = page title,
and, possibly, that it should know about entry timestamps and

Next question:  I've looked at Sven's examples, and that seems like a
mighty complicated directive.  Assuming I made KOB pagelist
compatible, would it inappropriate to define (:blogdigest:) to sit
atop (:pagelist:) and, hopefully, reduce some of its complexity?

Ryan