[pmwiki-users] Re: Backups

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Tue Dec 13 13:28:11 CST 2005

> Please have a look:
>
> 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Backup
>
> It's linked from both DocumentationIndex and Upgrades now.
>
> Backup is a rather important piece of functionality... maybe important
> enough that some kind of backup script should be part of the pmwiki
> installation? We could for instance imagine that simply doing:
>
> 	..?action=backup-site
>
> and entering a password causes a local backup of the site to be made.

The new page suits my needs for now. A one-click method would be nice,
especially for those without shell access, but I can live without it.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BackupPages
should have a big red warning that it only backs up the data, which forgets the
hours and hours spent on the skin and permissions and all the other admin stuff.

Susan