[pmwiki-users] Metadata ?

Andrius Kulikauskas ms at ms.lt
Fri Dec 9 13:52:46 CST 2005

Hi, I've been exploring how to use metadata at our lab's PmWiki's.  For
example, we are making social maps of activists in Kenya and ultimately
around the world.  Samwel Kongere has collected answers from twenty
people to a survey that we've put together, see for example:

http://www.globalvillages.info/index.php/Profiles/GeorgeOmolloh
http://www.globalvillages.info/index.php/Profiles/StandardQuestions

I've made use of the Properties Cookbook:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Properties

''First names:'' {$property firstname}
(:properties firstname='George':)

''Last names:'' {$property lastname}
(:properties lastname='Omolloh':)

I've also experimented just a bit with PageVariables
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageVariables
and with PageListTemplates
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageListTemplates

What I think would be very useful would be able to list out the pages
having a particular value for a particular variable, for example, all
pages with country=Kenya.

Is that currently possible, or will that be possible?  I'm curious what
strategy if any you might have for pursuing this.  I have been
developing transLucid (http://www.pantha.net) to organize metadata but
it may make more sense to adapt PmWiki as we're making good use of it at
http://www.globalvillages.info and http://www.openleader.com

I'm interested, and thank you for what has been done so far.  I share
with our lab's working group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/workinginparallel/

Andrius

Andrius Kulikauskas