[pmwiki-users] numtoc - changing section number style

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:52:30 CST 2005

Hello, sorry if this is a repeat, hotmail has been having problems with the
Sobig worm today and I have not seen my message yet.

I'm using the numtoc recipe.  I have one big document that includes a bunch
of subsections.  Most of them, I want numbered 1, 2, 3, ... but some of them
I want numbered as appendices, A, B, C.

I tried (:num:) then (:num A.1.1.1 :) but that only did numbered headings.
I also tried interjecting a (:nonum:) in between the num sections, but
nothing.  It only appears to accept one :num: tag at a time.

Is there a workaround for this, outside of using two separate documents?  I
would like a combined table of contents.

Thanks,
Russ Fink

PS: This is a personal communication from an account that has keyword-based
spam filtering enabled.  Please preserve the original subject line when
replying.  (Adding "Re:" is okay.)