[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Problem with AuthUser

Dan Weber webmaster at drwhosting.net
Wed Dec 7 16:07:26 CST 2005

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:20051207214009.GI26817 at host.pmichaud.com...
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:13:28PM -0500, Dan Weber wrote:
>> Thanks Patrick, this made it much clearer.
>>
>> Now when I add a group definition to Site.AuthUser like this
>>
>> @mygroup: dan
>>
>> Then when a login page has to validate the access I get the following
>> error:
>>
>> Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in
>> C:\Data\Websites\danweber.net\pmwiki21\scripts\authuser.php on line 58
>
> Odd, it's working for me at
> http://www.pmichaud.com/sandbox/au/pmwiki.php?n=Site.AuthUser .
> What version of PmWiki are you currently running?
>
> Are there other items in the configuration file(s) that might be
> related to this problem?
>
> Feel free to try out other settings on the above site, the admin
> password is set to 'admin'.
>
> Pm

Hm,  I am not getting the error on your site. Maybe it has something to do
with my PHP version. I am running the whole test installation locally on
Windows with the PHP server script that is in one of the cookbook entries. I
will upload it to my server and see if it changes something.

On a related note. I added a user 'dan' with the password 'dansecret' and
then the user 'dan' is assigned to the grou p 'mygroup'. For the sanbox page
http://www.pmichaud.com/sandbox/au/pmwiki.php?n=Main.WikiSandbox?action=edit
I added @mygroup for an edit password. When I try to log on as 'dan' with
'dansecret' it does not work though. What am I missing?

Thanks