[pmwiki-users] Renaming multiple pages?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Dec 7 05:42:11 CST 2005

Hi

I've just (manually) been renaming multiple pages and wonder if there is a
better way of doing this. Here's a somewhat similar scenario.

Initially I had the folloging pages (the hierarchy just illustrates how
the pages are related, i.e. in practice how they are included, they are
all located in the same group).

	SMX.Plan-version0
		SMX.Plan-version0-A
		SMX.Plan-version0-B
	SMX.Plan-version0-devel
		SMX.Plan-version0-devel-A
		SMX.Plan-version0-devel-B
	SMX.Plan-variant1
		SMX.Plan-version1-A
		SMX.Plan-version1-B
	SMX.Plan-version1-devel
		SMX.Plan-version1-devel-A
		SMX.Plan-version1-devel-B

The pages here are plans for complating two versions of a product, and
each product exists in two variants (normal and development). As an aside,
if someone has a better word than variant I'd be grateful...

Anyway, for certain reasons (marketing etc) it was decided that version 0
should actually be version 1, and version 1 should be version 2. Now I
suddenly have to rename the pages, which I did manually using 'mv ...' in
wiki.d/.  Then I also had to go through all the pages and change links
etc.

As you can imagine, this was quite annoying... *especially* since we're
now considering to reverse the renaming...

Does anyone have an idea how the above could be achieved with less work?
It might be useful for other people on this list if nothing else.

/Christian