[pmwiki-users] First Post, and question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 5 14:20:58 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:23:11PM -0600, John McGinnis wrote:
>    I do note an oddity in the version (2.x) of the software:
>    I have some styles defined in Main.GroupHeader, sample below --
>
>    %define=vzdot block bgcolor=#ffffcc border="1px dotted red"%\\
>
>    Now the odd thing is, this call:
>
>    %vzdot%test
>
>    Will work anywhere on any given page in the Main group except when this
>    markup is in the first 4,5 lines of the page. Text is displayed but no
>    formatting. If I copy that same markup to the bottom of the page the
>    formatting appears.

Because %vzdot% is being defined as a block markup, it only takes
effect if it's in the first markup line of the block.  So:

    First line and
    second %vzdot% line
    and third line

won't have any effect (the paragraph began on the first line), but this
version will:

    First %vzdot% line and
    second line
    and third line