[pmwiki-users] Lithuanian - $AuthorGroup

Andrius Kulikauskas ms at ms.lt
Sat Dec 3 16:35:26 CST 2005

Thank you for PmWiki! My online lab Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt has
been using it at http://www.globalvillages.info and
http://www.openleader.com and http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org for
about a year now, upon the recommendation of Rick Nelson of
http://www.solaroof.org

I'm upgrading to PmWiki2.  Also, today I set up PmWiki2 for our
Lithuanian language site: http://www.ms.lt/lt2/

I'm happy that, in comparision with the earlier version, we're now able
to edit Lithuanian letters and they are maintained as such as one
switches back and forth between edit and view modes. We have 32 letters,
the typical Roman letters plus a few extra, so we use iso-8859-13.

A few issues have come up that I hope you might help with. A couple of
them I skirted around:
* the sidebar would disappear when I went to a group, I think because
the $Group variable was being called unsuccessfully.  I erased this but
it continued to be a problem because our main section has special
characters in its name.  So I gave the sidebar a group name with no
special characters.
* upon going directly to index.php the variables $Group and $Name are
not resolved, they just show up like that.  So I got around this by
checking if there's no pathinfo for index.php and in that case
redirecting to the URL for what I want to be the default page.

The problem that I don't know how to get around is how to set the
$AuthorGroup variable (default=Profiles) which I want the ~ prefix to
send to a section whose name has special characters.  What's happening
is that the "%" signs in the Unicode are getting dropped.  So when I set
$AuthorGroup to '%c5%a0viesuoliai' the link to the section becomes
'\c5a0sviesuoliai\' but it should be '\%c5%a0viesuoliai\'.  I tried to
add an extra '%' in my $AuthorGroup variable but that didn't work.  Any
ideas?

Regarding our English wikis, we're interested in assigning 'metadata' to
pages.  I look forward to taking a look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Properties

Thank you!

Andrius

Andrius Kulikauskas