[pmwiki-users] Re: ?action=dc (Dublin Core Metadata)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Dec 1 15:46:29 CST 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I'm experimenting with a new ?action=dc for PmWiki; this
> generates rdf versions of pages using the Dublin Core Metadata
> definitions (well, at least as best as I can interpret them).
>
> Feel free to try out ?action=dc on any page at pmwiki.org
> (e.g., http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook?action=dc ).
>
> If there are additional metadata that should be added, or if
> the existing definitions should be changed, let me know.

I suspect I'm going to want some metadata related to when a page was last
modified, so that pmwiki-mode for emacs can check if the page has changed.

Right now the closest this is the 'date' property, right? It might be very
convenient if there was some property like:

	last-modified:230002020

which is simple to parse.

Speaking of parse... can I rely on lines[*] not being broken, or does
pmwiki-mode actually have to parse the whole XML-stuff?

Anyway, this will have to wait a while (again:-(

cheers
/Christian

[*] Strictly speaking, it'd be enough if I knew only the relevant line
wasn't broken.