[pmwiki-users] BasicEditing, TipsForEditing, TextFormattingRules revision

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Aug 31 11:33:34 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-26  01:35 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Currently we have three documentation pages that seem to describe
>the basics of writing pages:  BasicEditing, TipsForEditing, and
>TextFormattingRules.  To me these pages seem very duplicative in
>intent, if not content, so I'm wondering if they're better consolidated,
>and if so, how to do it.

For my money ...

1) Drop TipsForEditing
2) Move "references" and "ISO standard codes" (renamed special characters)
from TextFormattingRules to BasicEditing
3) Move any other orphans to MasterMarkupIndex
4) Drop TextFormattingRules

I have not looked at Bronwyn's list of all markup pages in detail, but I
suspect they could be consolidated too ...

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668