[pmwiki-users] Dropped class= Atrribute in Search Form

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 06:43:20 CDT 2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 2:08:41 PM, nexyufuli wrote:
> Hi I checked this out on my installation, so a suggestion
> could it also be  this way? :
> box:      class='inputbox wikisearchbox'
> button:   class='inputbutton wikisearchbutton '
> so the standard box definition (inputbox) gets overwritten from the
> individual definition (wikisearchbox)

Very good!
I would also like to see the textarea element used in forms supported.
Can we give it a class='inputtext' even though it is not called an
input element? Just to keep a simple consistency?
so we can use:
input box: class='inputbox specificbox'
input button: class='inputbutton specificbutton'
textarea: class='inputtext specifictext'

"specific" being wikisearch or newpage or whatever specific form name.

I also agree with Hagan to introduce these classes to other pmwiki
scripts using form elements, as he listed them:

    authuser.php
    forms.php
    transition.php
    upload.php
    refcount.php

and to make a general recommendation to cookbook recipe writers to use
these conventions if they use form elements.

Best,
~Hans