[pmwiki-users] How do I control $HTMLVSpace?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 25 00:58:57 CDT 2005

On Thursday, 25 August 2005 4:43 PM, V.Krishn <mistyfire at autograf.pl> wrote:
>Hello,
>> This is what we currently do:
>> - we forget about trying to process HTML into print -- that way lies
>>   madness
>I might not me able to provide a complete solution here, but come to think of
>it, I guess there are some valid reasons that this project has choosen this
>path. But I feel having ?action=print as the starting point would have made
>things easier. Then writing an independant layer that sits between pmwiki and
>the print-oriented dtd would do pre XSLT transformation work.

You may be right; I don't know. When it's beta released (any day),
check out the features and decide if they could all be done the
way you suggest.

>http://yeslogic.com -->this seems as a project quite close to yours.

This looks /very/ interesting; thanks!!

>Pmwiki already produces XHTML and from the output using a XSLT to transform
>into another XML file probably should not be very difficult.

Stage 2 :) So far, the tricky bits have been less in the wiki markup
to print dtd than print dtd to output. You haven't made a convincing
case that xhtml to print dtd is easier than wiki markup to print dtd.
I'm not averse to an xhtml to print dtd approach, but think starting
with wiki markup is easier.

>Is this project opensouced?, Is it possible to see the source code in
>progress?

Yes and we hope by the end of August to release a working beta 1.
I need to finish some documentation pages first.

>This was just a thought, for a project like this, I think it would be useful
>to have take an independant approach.

The architecture is modular by design, so we can change if and when
we need to.

Thanks for the thoughts. Have you tried it recently, by the way?
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Pdf2you.HomePage

For example, try the 'PDF options' button on that page...

>> So the only answer I have been able to think of is an 'after
>> block' rule that looks for

>> and turns it into (for example; actual output depends on $2)
>>
>>   $1<tbook:$2 skip='big'>

This works BTW -- a 1 line Markup rule.

--
JR