[pmwiki-users] Including anchored text from the same page

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 20 04:37:22 CDT 2005

Hi

Due to the recent discussion on include I made a simple test case
illustrating that it is not possible to include even anchored text from
the same page that it comes from.

I'd like it if (:include:) could at least do something like this:

	(:include {$Name}#anchor lines=1..2:)

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/IncludeFromSelf for an illustration.

Primarily, I'd like for (:include:) to be able to include parts of iself
without having to do anything else.

An alternative suggestion might be to use an option to include, which
overrides the behaviour of not including from the current page.

Perhaps something like:

	(:include {$Name} max-recurse=2:)

could be used to force even recursive inclusions if they were to occur?
(Not that I'm sure why you'd like to do something like this...).
This would at least allow you to do:

	(:include {$Name}#anchor lines=1..2 max-recurse=1:)

/Christian