[pmwiki-users] custom markups and like breaks

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 18 17:52:16 CDT 2005

How should a local end-of-line markup handle line breaks?

I have an experimental local markup where

* an item::its continuation

:a term:its definition::and its continuation

produce respectively

This seems to be working. Local css rules adjust the
inter-paragraph space. But it seems more natural to write

* an item::
its continuation

:a term:its definition::
and its continuation

I can't figure out how to make this work.

It ought to be 'obvious when you know how'. Any suggestions?

Ideally I would require a return after the continuation character(s)
and possibly use something other than ::

OTOH, /not/ having a return avoids having to deal with

* an item::
* now what do we do?

--
JR