[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Aug 17 13:09:35 CDT 2005

On Aug 15, 2005, at 8:13 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> (Also in the memo :-)  Before I can change the !!!!!'s I really
> need to have some idea of what to change them to.  If I pick
> something arbitrarily then lots of people will start building to
> it, mistaking it for the new standard.  (Which is essentially what is
> happening now with the !!!!!'s :-| ).

I like the idea of upping the order of the ordered lists.

The CSS has to get a little more sophisticated but it means that one
can just add an extra * to each line in the sidebar to take care of
the non-template end of it.  Far easier than putting DIV statements
into the wiki markup.

thus the CSS has to take inheritance into account.  I think this is
the correct markup:

ul.sidebar {  } a list in the sidebar -- this would be the former
headers

ul.sidebar > li.sidebar {  }  to format a list item with an unordered
list as it's parent -- this would be all the list header's children
elements

Crisses
----
Now I've been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
  -- Cat Stevens, Peace Train