[pmwiki-users] Allow write password to substitute for read password

David Sovinski aslan at aslandata.com
Tue Aug 16 12:30:33 CDT 2005

I have several pmwikis that some groups are read protected and write
protected with different passwords
Example:
5 committees share the same read password amoung the five(5) groups but
each of the groups has a different write password.
So you can read all the groups but only change the contents your own group.

Many times I go in to the wiki with the express purpose of  making
changes/updates. This necessitates entering the read password hitting
the edit link and then entering the write password. Or else adding
"?action=edit" when it asks me for the read password (if I do this it no
longer asks me for the read password after edits have been made).

It would really be nice to enter the write password and get read
permissions by default. The place where difficulties might exist is then
going to other groups because it might be tough to keep the read
permissions amoung groups having only entered the write password for one
of the groups. However that would be a small price to pay for not always
having to enter the read password then the write password.

David Sovinski (Caspian)