[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 18:43:37 CDT 2005

Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 12:25:11 AM, Hagan wrote:
> How would I cause these

>     ! Foo
>     !!!!! Foo

> to do

One could create markup do do this translation, but we cannot have
markup which only translates this if it is in the sidebar, since the
sidebar is treated just like any page. So it does not really serve
your purpose. Best scenario is to encourage use of a special sidebar
heading style.

%h1%, %h2%, %h3% and >>h1<<, >>h2<<, >>h3<< ?? %hdr% ??
Is one sidebar heading style enough, or better up to three different
ones?

Pm wants these styles to be more sidebar specific in the naming, but I
don't see a reason, since we still need to use special css styling.

> p.s.: A numeral is permissible in a class name, but not as the first
> character, correct?

I think the answer is yes.

Best,
~Hans