[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:24:08 CDT 2005

On 8/15/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I think I've already indicated that we should eliminate the use of
> !'s for headings in the sidebar (thus getting rid of the "existing
> monkey business"), I don't see any good to be gained from adding new
> monkeying around in its place.

The good, however important it may be, is enhanced SEO without
requiring existing sites to edit the sidebar.

> I'm suggesting that we not use ! in the sidebars at all.  Existing
> sites can continue to use them (and skins can continue to style
> them), but PmWiki's default sidebar and settings won't use ! for
> sidebar headings.

I may be misunderstanding.  Single !'s or !' altogether?

I've concluded from your messages to the list that you want to change
the level of heading, not eliminate headings in the sidebar
altogether.

Also, pmwiki.org has !!!!!'s in the proposed new sidebar (Test.SideBar).

Hagan