cascades, Pm? WAS Re: [pmwiki-users] shared pages and skin-specific pagestores

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:46:24 CDT 2005

On 8/13/05, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> At 05:52 AM 8/13/2005, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> >I found that the pages from $FarmD/wiki.d overruled the ones from
> >$PukkaPath/wikilib.d.  How can I change this, and will changing it
> >cause problems for others who will use the skin?
>
> That's one of the problems of bundling... You have to change some of
> the core. The best way I figured, is to make the overriding changes
> in the skin.php rather than in local configs and then any other skin
> that's built on the core will still be working.

The code for using pages from $PukkaPath/wikilib.d *is* in the skin's
script files already.  Hopefully this will be a problem only for me,
because others who have page sharing enabled will either (a) not have
the relevant pages in the shared field already, or (b) want those
shared versions to override Pukka's defaults anyway.

Anybody think otherwise?

Bronwyn