[pmwiki-users] shared pages and skin-specific pagestores

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 04:52:18 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I'd been packaging Pukka's wikipages into pukka-core/wikilib.d, like a
good girl, and using code lightly modified from the snippet at
Cookbook.SkinGuidelines:

global $WikiLibDirs, $SkinDir, $PukkaPath, $FarmD;
$where = count($WikiLibDirs);
if ($where>1) $where--;
array_splice($WikiLibDirs, $where, 0,
  array(new PageStore("$PukkaPath/wikilib.d/\$FullName")));

I tested it on a wikifarm that is set up to share pages found in
wikifarm/wiki.d using

$WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,
  new PageStore('$FarmD/wiki.d/$FullName'),
  new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));

from Cookbook.UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm.

I found that the pages from $FarmD/wiki.d overruled the ones from
$PukkaPath/wikilib.d.  How can I change this, and will changing it
cause problems for others who will use the skin?

Also, thinking ahead, are variables set in config.php automatically global?

Bronwyn