[pmwiki-users] eXtreme Documentation Makeover

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 12 23:10:25 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 08:27:10PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> Is is safe to use the new
>     >>faq<<
> markup and
>     [@
>     preformatted
>     text
>     @]
> markup in the documentation pages?

Yes.  Having used [@...@] for almost a day now, I'm very pleased
with it.  It's much more straightforward and workable than the
previous methods we had available.

> If so, is
>
>     ->[@
>     preformatted
>     text
>     @]
>
> a good choice as a standard indented preformatted-text markup (which
> seems to be the favorite) to use in the Cookbook?

I'm not sure about this one.  We can use any of

   -> [@
   @]

   %define=code block margin-left=40px%
   %code% [@
   @]

   [@
       code goes here
       more code
   @]

The nice thing about the wikistyle version is that it makes it
easy for us to (re)style the code boxes later if we decide we want
to do that.  Or we could use "-> %code% [@ ... @]" if we prefer
to keep the indent markup.

At any rate, [@...@] and >>faq<< are here to stay.