[pmwiki-users] Pop-ups for definitions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 11 17:56:27 CDT 2005

On Friday, 12 August 2005 8:00 AM, David Sovinski <aslan at aslandata.com> wrote:
>I would like to use popups or tooltips to show a small popup text window
>that is displayed when you run with the mouse over specific words.
>Is this possible in pmwiki? If yes, could you point me to a
>documentation page? I wasn't able to identify any helps for
>this.
>
>Thanks
>
>David Sovinski (Caspian)

Yes, the markup extensions adds 2 options:

{abbr|abbreviation} uses the <abbr> tag and is suitable for
cases like {XML|eXtensible Markup Language}

{:term:definition} uses the <dfn> tag ans is suitable for
things like {:bad news:that which the other guy should deliver}

Each gains a dotted underline and a ? cursor.

In print view, the definition is displayed in brackets after the
item. For example: XML (eXtensible Markup Language).

--
JR