[pmwiki-users] question about view concept

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Aug 11 17:46:15 CDT 2005

At 05:56 PM 8/11/2005, Hans wrote:

>Is this any different than what is demonstrated with the links on
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/ViewModes/TestPage1  ?
>
>Are you perhaps just suggesting more possible values for $View ?

Hans, I doubt we disagree on much, if at all.

What I think is that we need (at least) two levels for this thing:
* one that simply switches stuff on and off in the skin, without
importing other recipes (which you've been working on)
* and one that I'm working on (and which currently imports yours :).
'Mine' is just a mechanism for loading the appropriate recipes when
needed and piping them into the interface

My version has to do with stacking sidebars, adding floating
palettes/toolbars, etc.

Just like yours, my version requires a specialized skin.

To refer to them we may use ViewModes vs. BundleSupport.

...or some such...

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)