[pmwiki-users] Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:04:36 CDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've been musing that "logging in" might become as simple as having
> a standard page that requires a password to read it.  For example,
> navigating to Site.Login could prompt the user for a password,
> and accept whatever password was entered.  Since PmWiki remembers
> passwords, it'd be used for subsequent accesses.

When I log in, especially if it's from a link or form in the sidebar,
I'd want to either
(1)  automatically be sent back to the page that I was at when I
decided to login
(2)  at least have a link to go to said page.

So, say I was at Portfolio.StyleMasterContest, and wanted to edit it.
I'd login, say through Site.Login.  Either Site.Login should send me
back to Portfolio.StyleMasterContest once it's done logging me in, or
at least have a link to go back to Portfolio.StyleMasterContest.

I hope we can accomodate that desire -- it makes the whole thing a
little more usable, a little more polished.

Bronwyn