[pmwiki-users] new default skin

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:07:32 CDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:06:41PM +0200, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:
> > My first impressions about the new skin.
> >
> > I dislike:
> > * I like sans serif fonts, so I switched the default in my browser
> > preferences to Verdana. Now I'm forced to see Arial.

Maybe just specify "font-family:sans-serif;"?

> I'll probably switch to Verdana.  I was just copying the font used
> used on Firefox's FAQ page.

During your testing be sure to try Arial in the content area and
Verdana elsewhere.  I think you'll get better cross-browser
consistency if you go with Arial in the content area.

> Which font is too small -- the one in the main text body, or in
> other locations?

The  "View Edit History Print" links below the searchbox are minuscule
in FF and Mozilla.  Switching to Verdana might help.

> > * RecentChanges link in the top bar seperated from page (Edit,
> > History ...) actions
>
> Yes, although I'm wondering if it's better to just exclude the
> RecentChanges link altogether.

I would exclude that one and provide an AllRecentChanges link
somewhere.  Plain RecentChanges can be confusing if you don't know
about wikigroups.

Hagan