[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Upgrade path - getting rid of WikiLinks?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Aug 8 15:51:37 CDT 2005

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> At the moment I don't have a good answer for automatically converting
> WikiWords into [[WikiWords]].  On pmwiki.org I've just been converting
> them manually as I find them, and encouraging others to do the same.

Ok. I think we could at least get some help with this manual process.
How about a script that identifies pages containing the camelcase links?
Let's say that the script outputs a wiki page looking like this

	* [[SomePage]] ([[Edit -> SomePage?action=edit]]
	  .... here is the line just above the line with a wikilinkword
	  and this is the line with the WikiWord
	  finally followed by the line - just to give the word a context

	  .... anoter line just above the line with a wikilinkword
	  a line with the WikiWord
	  finally followed by the line - just to give the word a context

where the item is repeated of course. Don't know how much work this would
be though. But just getting a list of all pages containing camelcase words
would probably be useful. Even better if they were to be highlighted in
the listing below.

/Christian