[pmwiki-users] Re: Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:18:07 CDT 2005

On 8/8/05, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> At 01:47 PM 8/8/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> >Even though I haven't fully digested the implications of modes,
> >perhaps "role" is another possibility.
>
> Not sure about that. Role is something ... um... user-related :)
>
> As we've seen, an author can also be a reader and an admin.

I was afraid to call them roles.  I thought that to others, it might
seem that we were trying to lock users *into* roles, which isn't the
point at all.  Witness the many comments along the lines of "isn't
this the same as authorization?" and "won't this *stop* my readers
from turning into authors?".

Bronwyn