[pmwiki-users] how to see IP addresses to enter into Blocklist

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Mon Aug 8 13:39:51 CDT 2005

What I meant is that that long-named variable is (and/or could be)
used in many recipes, and it makes sense to keep it managed in a
central location. Imagine someone has a weird webserver or
configuration that doesn't make $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] available to
php scripts... They'd have to go hunt down each place where that
string is used and do something about it.

I like standards too, but easier maintenance is most of the time better :)

This may be one of those cases of 'not broken, so don't fix it', so
I'll shutup. ;)

At 02:01 PM 8/8/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 12:44:30PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > Also, isn't there a core-pmwiki variable that
> > figures out the IP? If so, it should probably be mentioned on:
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PathVariables
>
>The IP address comes from the webserver; the CGI specification says
>that this address should end up in $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].  This
>is what PmWiki uses.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)