[pmwiki-users] Re: Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 03:44:21 CDT 2005

I have added a first experimental modes.php script to the cookbook:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Modes

This script adds the necessary variables to implement the modes
concept. It adds:
    $Mode variable from a list $ModeList,
    ?setmode=... cookie switcher and ?mode=... switcher,
    (:if mode ... :) conditional markup,
    {$Mode} variable replacement.

I hope that this will enable us to experiment developing modes as skin
or admin implementations. Suggestions for improvements to the script
are very welcome. Time will tell if this script, or something similar,
will be taken into the PmWiki distribution, but I thought we need to
be able to experiment in practical ways with the concept first.

Best,
~Hans