[pmwiki-users] Re: yet another documentation suggestion ...

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Aug 7 23:19:12 CDT 2005

On Friday, 5 August 2005 3:25 PM, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
>It's Cookbook.BreakPage (weird, yes), and I'm already using
>InsertWithEdit
>Though it looks like the third option, break-page.php would be what
>I'm looking for. I can't test it however, since the new edit form
>wreaks havoc with the way I had set save/cancel buttons and Author
>field above the edit textarea. So until support for that gets added,
>I'm stuck with beta36 :(

>From the look of the code, it's easy to add this feature.

break-page.php sets

$InputTags['e_form'] = array (...);

You need to be able to over-ride this with your own layout.

Try the following:

In the HandleEditPage function of break-page.php

1. add

    global $BreakPageEform;

    SDVA($BreakPageEform, array(...));

   copying the code currently assigned to $InputTags['e_form']

2. change the next line so that

    $InputTags['e_form'] = $BreakPageEform;

3. now add your own local definition of $BreakPageEform, with the
   buttons where you want them

This doesn't change the functionality of the recipe, but allows
you to define your own form layout.

It that works, I'll see if I can create a combined recipe that
merges break_page and break-page... (shouldn't be too hard, it just
needs a bit of time)

--
JR