[pmwiki-users] Search wiki using yahoo! search Web Services

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 02:52:41 CDT 2005

Saturday, August 6, 2005, 11:10:19 PM, Raj wrote:
> I would like to change the PmWiki's wikilib.d/Site.Search to include a
> form to search using the Yahoo!'s web services - something like what
> Wordpress has done for their site

wikilib.d/Site.Search is pmwiki's default search page.
It basically contains a (:searchbox:) and a (:searchresults:)  markup
with a bit of help text. To study how this works look at
scripts/pagelist.php. You may also want to take a look at the cookbook
Search Extensions script for an alternative approach:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SearchExtensions

You could develop markup for a (:yahoosearchbox:) and
(:yahoosearchresults:) as a cookbook recipe.
Anyone could then use it anywhere, as an alternative to pmwiki's built
in search mechanism. The page Site.Search is customisable, so you
could offer an alternative. But the default page distributed with
pmwiki will likely stay as it is.

Best,
~Hans