[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Reader docs (Was: audiences revisited or revised ???)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 6 03:58:11 CDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Radu wrote:

> At 06:52 PM 8/5/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
> >However, this involves telling the user to append '?action=upload' to an
> >URI - not sure how "nice" that is...
>
> not nice at all.
>
> >I wonder if that means we should perhaps explain to (advanced) readers
> >about things like ?action=upload, ?action=diff, as well as that they can
> >go to a specific page by appending for instance ?pagenmae=SomeThing
>
> diff is already explained as page history ...as for action=source,
> action=attr and so on... Naw, I remember Pm said that the links which
> are not explicitly included in the interface should not be shown to
> casual readers.

I wouldn't consider this material for a casual reader, but for advanced
readers. But as an advanced reader I do would like to know how to get at
some of the more advanced stuff, such as ?action=dc if that's implemented.

At the very least I think the reader's documentation should contain a link
to somewhere that do document the available actions.

/Christian