[pmwiki-users] Re: Inter-map prefix for gmane articles?

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Fri Aug 5 08:20:30 CDT 2005

> Hi Patrick
>
> I've often wanted to link to mails on the pmwiki mailing list. So I wonder
> if we could introduce an intermap prefix for linking to gmane articles
> from wiki pages on pmwiki.org? This would make it more convenient to refer
> to pmwiki-mails when writing documentation etc at pmwiki.org.
>
> The only difficult thing is coming up with a suitable name for the
> prefix... For instance, this URI
>
>         http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/15705
>
> might be encoded as
>
>         pmwiki-thread:15705
Yes, this would be helpful, as lots of cross reference would be needed.
Another suggestion.
news-thread:15705
Or maybe
pmwiki-news:15705.
Later custom maps like somename-news: .... would make it consistent.

I would prefer http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users

I think some of the docs do have mailing-list reference.
And whether to insert them in level or just restrict them to level:advanced
could be decided. But having the map would be useful.
V.Krishn