[pmwiki-users] audiences revisited or revised ???

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Aug 4 22:43:18 CDT 2005

Pm's soapbox prompted me to share my experience with naming roles.

In the projects I work for there are all sorts of users and we
decided to call them:
*readers (was end-users, but we realized there's no end to these sand
mandalas we're building, so... ;)
*content maintainers (editors)
*interface translators/editors (terminologists)
*interface programmers (GUI people)
*[functionality] programmers
*server admins

As for Author, in a wiki environment just about every active
individual is a co-author, so, as was noted before, credit can't be
ascribed like for a book (which is what any non-technical person
refers to as Author)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)