[pmwiki-users] Spacing Group Names, etc . . .

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 4 18:38:45 CDT 2005

On Friday, 5 August 2005 2:17 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:39:31AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>> One of the things I have been thinking of adding to the MarkupExtensions
>> handling of this is apostrophe s and apostrophe t.
>> [...]
>> However, this would mean a tweak so that writing
>>
>> [[In My Father's Den]] produces a page called InMyFatherSDen
>>
>> This can be extended to other languages: PalmeDOr could
>> produce Palme d'Or
>>
>> Would that be useful?
>
>Just a note that I'm still working on a feature so that a link to
>a non-existent page like [[In My Father's Den]] would automatically
>open the page with the (:title:) tag filled out.
>
>Pm

The subsequent discussion on Dublin Core metadata makes me think
that using (:title:) is probably going to create more opportunities
and is a better way to go.

Will this be configurable locally? For example, we use {a} markup to
create macronised vowels, so [[M{a}ori]] produces a page called
Maori while its link text has a macron over the a. It would be great
if the new page automatically inserted (:title M{a}ori:) and apply
the markup rule to convert {a} to &#257; in the title.

--
JR