[pmwiki-users] Visble anchors (Re: FAQ Page Layout)

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:39:24 CDT 2005

Throwing in two cents...

Making visible links out of normally-hidden anchors on the FAQ page is
an excellent idea for local customization, but I don't think it should
be the default behavior if there's a TOC.  Among other reasons,

* Scrolling up and finding the link to a question isn't very hard to do.
* The out-of-the-ordinary self-referential links distract from the content.

I'm not against visible anchors in general.  They're a clever and
useful feature, just not for the FAQ page by default if there's a
table of contents where  you can get a qestion's link.

Hagan