[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Aug 4 06:28:10 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-04  03:05 AM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
>I'm hoping the FAQ page can dramatically improve before the 2.0 release.

I would like to see the FAQ improved as well, and am willing to do some of
the grunt work.

As soon as a format and its markup have been selected, I will start. For my
money:
1) no Q: or A:
2) bold question, plain answer
3) flush left question, indented answer
4) some kind of TOC at the top with subdivision (general questions,
security questions, etc.)

In other words, the format used at http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq

Having links on the page back to "top" just wastes space in my opinion.
Mozilla does not use them except at the end of a subdivision.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668