[pmwiki-users] Re: metadata scheme (was: yet another documentation suggestion ...)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Aug 4 00:38:43 CDT 2005

On Thursday, 4 August 2005 4:43 PM, V.Krishn <mistyfire at autograf.pl> wrote:

>> >mmmm.... this would be not quite fair as the scope of these are
>> >different.
>>
>> Yeah, !categories seem more appropriate to me for dc:subject
><dc:subject> -- ignore, or spaced-out version of the title ("SomeWikiPage" ->
>"Some Wiki Page")
><dc:title> -- the name of the wiki page, without the Wiki name or other stuff
>I think here it means :
><dc:title> eg. Main.HomePage
><dc:subject> Either the spaced out version OR text from (:title:)
>:-))
>>
>I think dc:description means (:description:)
>coz if there exist a meta for a bookmark this would sound weird-
><dc:description> -- ignore, or use the first paragraph of the
>wiki page.
>
>Check here:
>http://www.w3.org/2003/07/Annotea/BookmarkSchema-20030707
>dc:description
>    The description of or notes about the bookmark.

It sounds as if we are in broad agreement. Now would be a good time
to turn the discussion into a draft sepcification that brings all
the ideas together. Then when the spec is stable, we can work out
how best to implement it. I'm happy to have a go at such a spec,
but not for a few days...

And the cookbook-v1 recipe is a great starting point -- it
supports a number of schemes, as you suggest.

--
JR