[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:10:18 CDT 2005

On 8/3/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 04:04:52PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > I tried this because I was thinking a switch to the div markup might
> > be a good idea, since it demonstrates the div markup and doesn't
> > interfere with existing Q:/A: markup.
>
> BTW, I have no problem with interfering with the existing Q:/A: markup;
> so if we want to redefine it (I'd like to keep it) then that's
> certainly possible.

I didn't intend to suggest getting rid of the Q:/A: markup, rather I
was concerned about redefining it in some way that breaks existing
sites.

With the Q:/A: markup, if there are multiple paragraphs in an answer,
does each one need to get prefixed with A:?

Put another way, can the markup on this page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FAQClassic#normal

result in layout (rendered page, not source) that looks like this?
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FAQDiv#normal

A couple of details about that layout:

For questions I didn't want to use background color because it would
interfere with skins.  I don't like using font weight for
aforementioned aesthetic reasons, and so font styling remains
available for the question's author.

Using left-margin on the answers seems to set them apart nicely, but
there needs to be some way to "close" the answer when it's followed by
a heading.

Hagan