[pmwiki-users] yet another documentation suggestion ...

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Aug 2 17:50:42 CDT 2005

On Wednesday, 3 August 2005 10:03 AM, H. Fox <haganfox at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 8/2/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:51:22PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>> > The traditional format is a single FAQ. Once it gets large, it gets
>> > sectioned. If it gets unwieldy, it's split into files.
>>
>> I prefer this -- a single FAQ until it gets too large, then start
>> splitting.
>
>One page is plenty.
>
>To make scanning the questions easier, we could place them at the top
>with intra-page links to the answers below.  Another way to break it
>up: Table of Contents / topic headings.

FYI

The Cookbook:PageTableOfContents is designed to pick up Q: markup
and generate a list of links to all the questions. When questions are
very long, you can insert Christian's invisible stop (`.) and the
table of contents only shows the text up to the stop, followed by
an ellipsis. In ordinary text, invisible stops are, well, invisible.

If the page includes major headings to separate the Q: tags, these
headings appear in the TOC.

JR

--
JR