[pmwiki-users] Spacing Group Names, etc . . .

Ben Wilson ameen at dausha.net
Tue Aug 2 09:32:32 CDT 2005

Quoting "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>:

> On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 11:41:42PM -0500, Benjamin Wilson wrote:
>> Sorry, I know I'm talking to myself right now . . .
>>
>> I got something working. It calls AsSpaced, then cycles through words
>> that are typically lowercased in english.
>>
>> If there's any interest, I'll do a recipe.
>
> How does this compare to
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AlternateNamingScheme ?

AlternateNamineScheme uses underbars for spaces. I used regular
CamelCase. Thus
"MinistryOfDefense" would be "Ministry of Defense." Under my title case
solution.

This is useful when the Skin calls for $Titlespaced or $Groupspaced, but the
admin does not want words that are traditionally (in EN, at least) lower case
when found in a title (e.g. of, and, the--when not at the beginning).
I'm a bit
anal retentive when it comes to those words being capitalized. :-)

Although, I think in future wiki uses (too late for some of my present ones),
I'll require the [[Ministry of Defense]] approach to pagenames.

--
Regards,
Ben Wilson

"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"