[pmwiki-users] file upload does not overwrite

Peter Reuterås reuteras at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:07:38 CDT 2005

On 8/2/05, Stephan Schildberg <schildberg at scoid.de> wrote:
> I get this message. I can upload files, although you are not allowed to
> upload (overwrite) them again:
> ----
> *Warning*: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is
> 68717 is not allowed to access
> uploads/Bäder/WC_blau_waschtisch_seite.jpg owned by uid 109 in
> *example.org/subs/www/mrf/scripts/upload.php* on line *188*
>

>      PmWiki can't process your request
>
> ?cannot move uploaded file to uploads/Bäder/WC_blau_waschtisch_seite.jpg
>
> We are sorry for any inconvenience.
> ----

This is because your server has PHP safe_mode activated (which has
nothing to do with Pmwiki). For more information about safe_mode read
this page, http://se.php.net/features.safe-mode. From what I can see
your uid as a user is 68717 and your webserver is running with uid
109. Safe_mode prohibits a script to change a file owned by another
user, i.e. your script (you own that file) can't change a file
uploaded by the web server, since that file is owned by the web
server.

/Peter