history stats WAS Re: [pmwiki-users] Re: Redesigning the edit page - heirarchical menus?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Apr 29 15:02:24 CDT 2005

I meant that some people tend to put more work into things than it's
necessary. By looking at the actions of one user, we could figure out how
to help them make the best use of pmwiki markup, or get an idea on what
sort of markup buttons to provide.

At 12:43 PM 4/29/2005, Dr Fred C wrote:

>IMHO, it seems you don't have much of a "team" environment going on in
>that workplace.

That's because it's NOT a team of developers. We have mostly authors who
care about what they want to share and discuss, and not so much about the
details of how it's done. I don't want the authors to tell me what they
need, partly because they can't exactly tell. I have to figure out what
they need from the way they use the thing.

>Sure, in basketball it's nice to know who scored how many points, who made
>assists and what not.

The point of this exercise also seems to be helping team members improve.
It's not some sort of competitive device, though it can sure be pushed that
way.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)