[pmwiki-users] Mail Post Manual Trigger

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 29 14:17:25 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:37:41AM -0400, Radu wrote:
> What I would like to see, would be an action on the page itself, something
> like MailThisPage, that would send a link back to the wiki only to the
> people who have subscribed to that page. Then we shift the responsibility
> back to the authors for letting others know when something important has
> happened on the wiki, something that requires feedback.
>
> I kicked the idea around for a while with Pm, but there was no expressed
> interest from others so we dropped it. At least until I get around to
> really needing something like it. :)

Well, I'm interested in it but I haven't happened upon a good mechanism
for handling page subscriptions.   Any mechanism we choose needs to
be mindful of not allowing email addresses to be easily harvested/revealed,
and preventing malicious/forged subscriptions.

Overall I think that a model based on WikiTrails, watchlists, or
RSS-like features may hold more promise in the longer term.

Pm