[pmwiki-users] Re: Redesigning the edit page - heirarchical menus?

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Apr 28 12:04:36 CDT 2005

Il Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:25:53 -0700, Dr Fred C <drfredc at earthlink.net>
scrive:

>Before one complicates the save routine, perhaps the major/minor option
>could be automated by comparing the page size before and after.  If the
>change is size is bigger than 15 chars or 5% (or whatever is set in
>config as the trigger for major edit), then it's a major change,
>otherwise it's automatically saved as a minor change.   One could even
>still have the major/minor save option there, but most users probably
>aren't going to bother making the determination, they'll just click
>(major) save.  Sure, some major small character changes in wiki
>directives might get missed, but most changes would likely get properly
>determined and saved appropriately.

I think it's a good idea, for me minor changes are typos correction,
little formatting errors etc... and this would sure affect only few
mount for text, maybe letting to set a parameter in config files allow
single webmaster decide how much text change is a minor change (by %
or # of chars)

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)