[pmwiki-users] I18n action lists (was: Language Mirrors of Wikis)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 26 10:22:38 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 02:48:54PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> One problem remains, which is how to internationalise an action list
> stored on wiki pages.

If we go with $[phrase] syntax, we end up with something like this:

    * [[{$Group}/$[RecentChanges] | $[Recent Changes]]]
    * %newwin% [[{$FullName}?action=print | $[Printable View]]]
    * [[{$FullName}?action=diff | $[Page History]]]
    * [[{$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit Page]]]

I personally don't have a problem with this -- only admins
that want to modify the list of actions would ever have to deal with
it or see it.  But others might have take issue -- comments?

I still haven't decided if the default distribution PmWiki skin will
use action lists stored on wiki pages, but I bet just about every other
skin I create will use them.  It's just too nice to be able to
say something like

   <!--wiki:PmWikiAdmin.ActionList-->

to display the current set of actions.