[pmwiki-users] Edit page extensions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 09:43:53 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:33:47AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > The framework would be good for creating other kinds of pages beyond
> > those for editing. Applications that I can see are:
> > * In general, pages that are built from a wiki page.
>
> If this is the case, we probably ought to develop and standardize a
> markup for all forms and avoid specialized edit-page markups, similar
> to WikiForms or the FormGuideSystem.

Having just now re-reviewed WikiForms and FormGuideSystem, I'm not
the syntax of either is really appropriate for this (and they're
designed for a different purpose anyway).  So I'll probably go with
a edit-form-specific syntax.  Right now I'm leaning towards "ef"
(for "editform"), thus:

   (:ef savebutton:)
   (:ef previewbutton:)
   (:ef author:)
   (:ef changesummary:)

etc.

I think I'm going to put together a set of demo pages on pmwiki.org,
and then let people propose default edit forms from there (as well
as see how well this approach will work).